Your safe at Newlink.lk
We are 100% committed to making sure that your experience in Newlink.lk as safe as possible.Please find below advice on your safe while trading on Newlink.lk.
Safety measures provide by Newlink.lk
At Newlink.lk we are taking our optimum actions to ensure your experience on our site is safe with below arrangements.
Hiding your contact number, email address on all ads you post to protect you from fraud and spam. (Option has given you to hide the contact number when posting the ad) Continuous tracking of reports of suspicious or illegal activity to prevent from constant offenders using the site again.
We are applying latest technology enhancements to prevent any unlawful activities taking place.
General Safety advice from Newlink.lk
- Meet & check. Always try to meet the seller in person (physically). Check the item is identical as advertised till you are satisfied. Make the payment only if you wish to buy. Please report if the meeting was suspicious.
- Use common sense. Avoid anything that seems too good to be true. Unrealistically low prices and promises of instant money. Anything you think that are not practical.
- Don’t disclose your financial information. this include your bank account details, debit/credit card information, ebay/paypal information and any other information that could be misused by any other party.
- Exchange the item and payment at same time. Do not pay before you receive the item. Do not send the item before receive the payment.
Scams & frauds
- Bogus information requestsNewlink.lk never send requests emails asking your personal details. If you receive an email asking your personal details for us please report the email and delete. Do not open any links.
- Fake payment servicesAvoid using online payment services or site unless you are 100% sure about the genuineness. Don’t put your money on risk. Newlink.lk does not offer any sort of payment scheme or protection. Please report any fraud emails requesting to offer such facilities to any buyers or sellers.
- False fee requestsAvoid anyone asks for extra money to buy or sell a good or service. Newlink.lk does not allow goods and services that are not located in Sri Lanka. Therefore, import, brokerage and custom charges should not require.
- Requests to use money transfer servicesMoneyGram or Western Union services are not meant for transactions between unidentified parties and many scams are run through them. Avoid requests for use those services..
- Reporting a safety issueplease report your situation to us, if you feel that you have been a victim of a scam. We recommend to contact your local police station in a scenario of been cheated or robbed.
Newlink.lk does not share information about its users publically and committed to ensure the privacy of users. We are cooperate with Police department should we receive any request for information in connection with fraudulent or any criminal activity.